Erin Whelan Pennock Esq.
Attorney Erin Whelan Pennock is an experienced and competent attorney who has a wide range of experience in matters relating to family and probate law as well as civil litigation. She joined what was originally Black & Vitelli as an Of Counsel attorney in 2011 and in 2014 became a partner of the firm now named Black, Vitelli & Pennock, LLC. Attorney Pennock continues to focus her practice primarily in the areas of family law, specifically divorce and post-divorce matters involving child custody, visitation, child support, retirement division and alimony. In addition to family law, Attorney Pennock also handles probate matters including, but not limited to, guardianships, conservatorships, will contests and probate of estates. Attorney Pennock devotes her practice to finding alternatives to litigation and is a trained collaborative law attorney and mediator and is an involved and active member of the Massachusetts Council for Family Mediation and the Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council.
Attorney Pennock is also highly respected for her volunteer experience and she continues to pursue opportunities to help Massachusetts residents with limited financial resources who can benefit from her skills, certifications, education and dedication. She currently serves as a volunteer attorney with the Women’s Bar Association Elder Law Project and the Volunteer Lawyers Project assisting victims of domestic violence. She also volunteers her mediation and conciliation services as a Conciliator with the Middlesex County Bar Association and the SERV project offered by Senior Partners for Justice.
- New England School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Bucknell University, Bachelor of Arts (double major: English and Psychology)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court District of Massachusetts
- Rule 8 Certified Mediator
- Collaborative Law Attorney
- Limited Assistance Representation
- Notary Public
Honors and Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: 2013 and 2014 “Rising Star” and listed as Rising Star in 2014 Massachusetts listing of “Top Women in the Law”
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- Marketing and Outreach Committee
- Women’s Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Attorney with Volunteer Lawyers Project assisting victims of Domestic Abuse
- Volunteer Conciliator through Middlesex County Bar Association
- Volunteer Conciliator with the SERV Conciliation Project
Call today at 617-610-8098 or via email at email@example.com to schedule a free consultation.